Did you know you can easily turn On and Off individual sub components of a REVIT family ?
It's simple to do and you don't have to have any experience making families.
You can do this to any family regardless of who made the family or how complex it is.
This functionality can be applied to REVIT Architecture, Structure or MEP.
1. Open the Family in the family editor.
2. Create a new parameter and make it a Yes / No type.
3. Assign that parameter to the Visibility property of the desired family sub component.
4. Save the family and place it in a project.
5. Select the family and change the new Visibility property parameter to Yes or No.
Here's a quick Video below that sums it all up in about 5 minutes.
A special THANKS to CadDigest for posting this tutorial on their site.