Below is a link to another great video CADclip tutorial and some additional notes on how to use the REVIT Structure 'Beam System' tool to place Wall Girts between columns.
click the link above to play the CADclip or right click and 'save target as..' to download
Above is an image of the way it would be used.
Below are two more images demonstrating how you can change the rotation and girt type while keeping the 'system' intact.
1. We start with a basic Structure of Columns and beams.
2. Then we add in a new Reference Plane, in Plan view and name it Girt System.
3. Then we open an elevation view perpendicular to the reference plane, looking directly at the proposed Girt wall.
4. Then from the Modelling tab of the design bar we start the Beam System tool.
5. We specifiy the new reference plane as our working plane.
6. We check the beam system properties and specify the beam / girt type, layout style / spacing etc.
7. We sketch in the beam (girt) system outline and clck finish.
8. Then we can control the overall girt location by manipulating the location of the reference plane.
9. We can edit the beam (girt) system outline, spacing and direction.
10. We can change individual girt types and rotation angles.
11. We can move a grid line and see REVIT's parametric technology at work.
12. From then on it's just a matter of playing with the new beam (girt) system to your liking.
I use a c-channel girt but you can make your own 'Z' girt shape if you want and use that instead.
Too easy.....REVIT .....%$#^& ......ROCKS !
* Click HERE to read about 100's of REVIT jobs *