Tuesday, November 27, 2007

REVIT MEP Video Tutorial - Energy Data Setup

Above is a 6 minute video tutorial demonstrating how to setup the Energy Data properties for the REVIT MEP project. Once this is done you can use the awesome Heating and Cooling Load calculations API provided by IES to create the report.

From there we apply those loads to our mechanical system and start to layout the physical model.
We specify the 'Building type' and the 'Building Construction (assembly) types' to further enhance the accuracy of the energy analysis. See images below.
Building Type


Building Construction (assembly) Types


Thanks to for posting this tutorial on their site.

1 comment:

Daryl Gregoire said...

A message to the Google humans and the Google Robots > Unlock my blog !

Every Monday I send the same stupid reply message to Google after they send me the same stupid automated apology on behalf of the Google Robots for locking down my blog. It's been 9 weeks since REVIT ROCKS has been locked down wothout warning.

I will get back into blogging as I own www.revitrocks.com anyway but with a different 'non-free' provider that is FOR SURE.

In the mean time if anyone is reading this I have started to post Videos on You Tube. Search for 'CADclip'

Google Blogger sucks !