Friday, November 16, 2007

USG Design Studio for REVIT Content




I have taken the liberty of creaing a 3 minute video (above) on a little discovery I found on Steve Staffords - REVIT OpEd blog.

This discovery is the USG Design Studio for REVIT content web site. It's free, it's cool, it's real and it's ready to be used.

You can search for wall assemblies by fire and sound rating or you can simply browse the wall types. We have all been waiting / hoping to see these REVIT content sites show up and guess what....they're HERE !

You can even build a wall type right on the web site for download. I have not tried that yet but I will.

Below are the wall types I downloaded in the form of a REVIT *.RTE template file. Then I opened that file and 'cut and pasted' the USG wall types into my project using the 'project browser'. And as we already know......with the walls come all the 'materials', right !

I have to say it .... USG Rocks !

1 comment:

Daryl Gregoire said...

A message to the Google humans and the Google Robots > Unlock my blog !

I have started to post Videos on You Tube. Search for 'CADclip'.

Every Monday I send the same stupid reply message to Google after they send me the same stupid automated apology on behalf of the Google Robots for locking down my blog. It's been 9 weeks since REVIT ROCKS has been locked down wothout warning.

I will get back into blogging as I own www.revitrocks.com anyway but with a different 'non-free' provider that is FOR SURE.

In the mean time if anyone is reading this I have started to post Videos on You Tube. Search for 'CADclip'.

Google Blogger sucks !