Friday, November 02, 2007

REVIT MEP exceeds REVIT Architecture sales


Ok ok, I gotcha. I'm a little premature.

But this is my prediction. REVIT MEP (RME) will beat REVIT Architecture (RAC) sales at some point in the foreseable future. I guess the question is 'how many mechanical consulting firms are there in the world"?

If you are in the MEP design business you should be looking into how REVIT MEP can improve your deliverable quality and speed up your turn over time. Get someone to give you a demo.

Here's the bad news people. Listen up. If you are strictly a CAD draftsperson in the MEP business you should get some 'design' training. With these new 3D design tools and 3rd party plug-ins the engineer or designer doesn't need the basic draftsperson anymore. This fact combined with the fact that you could never get your engineers motivated to learn AutoCAD (layers..xrefs....no thanks) but they are gonna jump at this opportunity and eliminate someones job in the mean time. The engineer can design (in 3D) and produce the documennts all on their own with a single application.

RME does have some current issues with worksharing and multiple users on large scale projects but it is still in it's infant stage. I am very positive about it's future.

1 comment:

Daryl Gregoire said...

A message to the Google humans and the Google Robots > Unlock my blog !

I have started to post Videos on You Tube. Search for 'CADclip'.

Every Monday I send the same stupid reply message to Google after they send me the same stupid automated apology on behalf of the Google Robots for locking down my blog. It's been 9 weeks since REVIT ROCKS has been locked down wothout warning.

I will get back into blogging as I own www.revitrocks.com anyway but with a different 'non-free' provider that is FOR SURE.

In the mean time if anyone is reading this I have started to post Videos on You Tube. Search for 'CADclip'.

Google Blogger sucks !